Friday, June 24, 2011

'Love my dog' PTU tutorial and Love my dog/cat QP freebies


QP preview and links are below the tutorial.
This tutorial was written by me, Lori, on June 21, 2011.
And it was written for those who should already have a basic knowledge of working with PSP. I used Paint Shop Pro X3
Do not copy this tutorial and post it through any group or claim it as your own. Please share a text link only.
Any resemblance to any other tutorial is strictly coincidental.
Supplies needed
Tube(s) of choice, I used the Artwork by ©Tyson McAdoo you must purchase a license found here.
Tag template by Missy of Divine Intentionz and can be found here.
PTU Scrapkit by Stina called Wags 'N Whiskers and can be found here.
Weescotslass mask #83 which can be found here. Look under goodies.
WSL mask #75 which can be foundHere.


Please remember to stop and save often.
Add drop shadow of choice as you go. Refer to my example as needed, merge layers down as needed to make things a little easier.

Let's Rock this Tutorial!!

Open the template in PSP, using your shortcut keys on your keyboard (SHIFT+D) duplicate the template as a new image. Close the original.

Open papers of choice and the mask. Minimize for later use.

Go to raster1, select-All-float-defloat, add new raster layer and paste paper of choice into selection, go to layers-new mask layer, from image and add mask WSL mask #83, go to layers-merge-merge group.

Go to the rounded rectangle layer, Selections-all-add new raster layer and paste paper of choice into selection, delete original layer. Do this with Raster 2, rounded rectangle2, rectangl, frame back and rounded rectangle, alternating papers of choice. Delete all original layers and the stars layer.

Open frame3, resize to fit, copy and paste as a new layer, over the rounded rectangle2 layer.

Open pocket of choice, resize to fit, copy and paste as a new layer, arrange in middle of the rounded rectangle3 layer.

Open flower of choice, resize, copy and paste as a new layer, over the bottom of the pocket.

Open bone tag of choice, resize, copy and paste as a new layer, top right corner of the rounded rectangle2 layer.

Open pawprint of choice, resize, copy and paste as a new layer, bottom right corner of the rounded rectangle2 layer. Duplicate layer 2 times and arrange above each pawprint. Merge them down till all 3 are on one layer, duplicate and arrange a little to the left and just a little up, so it looks like they are 'walking'.

Open dog of choice, resize, copy and paste as a new layer, arrange inside the frame back, go to the frame back layer, select-All-float-defloat-invert, go to the dog layer and hit the delete key on the keybord to erase any dog or cat, outside of frame.

Open frame of choice, I used one of the 'Polaroid' frames, resize, copy and paste as a new layer, arrange over the dog layer.

Open bow of choice, resize, copy and paste as a new layer, top of the raster2 layer.

Open flower of choice, resize, copy and paste as a new layer, over the middle of the bow.

Open tube of choice, resize and arrrange to liking.

Add your name, Copyright info, license and save!

Thanks for Rocking Out my tutorial, I hope you enjoyed! ~Lori

Here are previews of the 2 QP freebies:








you can download them here:

0 comments:

Photobucket Thanks to Shani of Wicked Princess Scraps for the use of her kit, Strength In Me, a FTU kit to help raise awareness in testicular cancer. No matter what kind of cancer it is, if you love someone with cancer, be by their side and 'Love them through it'.
Photobucket
My Photo
Lori
Hello, my name is Lori. I work full time as a Grooming Salon Manager, I LOVE my 4 legged 'Babies'! (Hence the name of my blog) I'm soon to be married to a Great man, Put (actually it's his nickname). I have 2 Beautiful Daughters and 1 Handsome Son. I also have 2 Grandsons, Hunter and Trey, and a Step-Grandson, Logan! In my spare time I love to make tags and scrap page Lo's! I hope you enjoy and come back often!
View my complete profile
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

xanga

Photobucket

Photobucket