Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Kits longer available

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Drink until you're Green

Sorry haven't been doing much FTU's lately...going to try my hardest to do one at least once a week!!



This tutorial was written by me, Lori, on March 5, 2010.
And it was written for those who should already have a basic knowledge of working with PSP. I used Paint Shop Pro XI
Do not copy this tutorial and post it through any group or claim it as your own. Please share a text link only. If you use this tutorial please send me a copy of the tag you made with it to my e-mail to the left. I'd LOVE to see the creations and post into my slide show! Thank You!
Any resemblance to any other tutorial is strictly coincidental.

Supplies needed
Tube(s) of choice, I used the Artwork of ©Keith Garvey, you must purchase a license found here.
FTU Scrapkit by Sylvie of Fantsy Moments Scraps called "St. Patty" and can be found here.
Tag template by Daira of Loving Miranda and can be found here.
Font of choice (I used A CK Cosmopolitan)
**Please remember to stop and save often.
**Add drop shadow of choice as you go.
**Refer to my example as needed.
**Merge layers down as needed to make things a little eaiser.

Let's Rock this Tutorial!!

Open the template in PSP, using your shortcut keys on your keyboard (SHIFT+D) duplicate the template as a new image. Resize canvas to 800 x 800, you can resize and/crop later. Close the original.

Open papers 1, 2, 8 and 21. Resize as needed. For example, when I look at the blue bar where it tells me what I've opened paper1, it tells me what percentage I'm viewing it at. For me it's usually 16%, so I resize to 16% bringing it to 100%. ( I hope that made sense!) Once you've done this, minimize for later use.

Go to the Rectangle layer, paste paper8 as a new layer, you may want to resize a little smaller to fit inside the rectangle. Go to the original rectangle layer, Select-All-Float-Defloat-Invert, go to paper8 layer and hit the delete key on the keyboard. Delete original layer.

Go to the Square layer, paste paper21 as a new layer, you may want to resize a little smaller to fit inside the square. Go to the original Square layer, Select-All-Float-Defloat-Invert, go to paper21 layer and hit the delete key on the keyboard. Delete original layer.

Add clover of choice as a new layer, resize to fit over original clover and delete original clover layer.

Add circle frame of choice as a new layer, resize and arrange to fit around the big clover and on top of the Small Clovers, delete the Small Clovers.

Add horseshoe as new layer, resize and arrange to the bottom right of the clover.

Go to the Bigger Rectangle layer, paste paper2 as a new layer, you may want to resize a little smaller to fit inside the rectangle. Go to the original bigger rectangle layer, Select-All-Float-Defloat-Invert, go to paper2 layer and hit the delete key on the keyboard. Delete original layer.

Go to the Bigger Frame Rec layer, Select-All-Float-Defloat-Modify and contract by 10, Select-All-Float-Defloat-add new raster layer and flood fill with #fec472 Delete original layer. Do the same with the Smaller Frame Rec layer.

Go to the Smaller Rec layer, paste paper1 as a new layer, you may want to resize a little smaller to fit inside the rectangle. Go to the original bigger rectangle layer, Select-All-Float-Defloat-Invert, go to paper1 layer and hit the delete key on the keyboard. Delete original layer.

Add ivy from kit, resize and arrange on top of the bigger rec. frame on the left side. Duplicate layer, Mirror and arrange on the right side of the bigger rec. layer.

Add ribbons of choice, resize and arrange to fit inside the smaller rec.layer.

Add St. Patty's day banner of choice, resize and arrange to the bottom left of the tag, over the wordart 'Happy St. Patty's Day'.

Go to the Drink - Happy Paddy's Day layer, carefully click inside the 'Drink' Go to Selections-Float-Defloat-Modify-Expand by1. Add new raster layer and flood fill with #fec472. Add fat gradient glow of choice. Delete original layer.

Paste paper4 as a new layer, you may want to resize a little smaller to fit over the 'Green' wordart. Go back to wordart layer, click inside the 'Green'.
Go to Selections-Float-Defloat-Modify-Expand by1. Go back to paper4 layer and hit the delete key on they keyboard.

Go to the wordart layer, carefully click inside the 'until you're'. Go to Selections-Float-Defloat-Modify-Expand by1. Add new raster layer and flood fill with #fec472. Add fat gradient glow of choice. Delete original layer. Arrange this layer above the 'Green' layer.

Add tube of choice, arrange to fit inside of bigger rec frame. Duplicate and arrange above the smaller rect frame. Carefully erase parts that are 'behind' some of the ivy on the right and at the bottom, so the tube's not hanging over it at the bottom of the frame.

To add name in a circle like I did. Go to your preset elispe tool using these settings: Show Nodes and Create as Vector checked, line style set at a solid line and the width set to 2.00, color set to white, draw out a circle. It's important that you keep this layer visable and do not convert to a raster layer.You may need to use your pick tool to resize to fit around the large circle. Add a new raster layer, slowly guide your font tool over the circle until you see it sideways with a curved line under the A. Type out name, as many times as needed. Convert this layer to a raster layer and you may now delete the vector circle layer you had created.

Add Copyright info, license and save!
Thanks for Rocking Out my tutorial, I hope you enjoyed! ~Lori

0 comments:

Photobucket Thanks to Shani of Wicked Princess Scraps for the use of her kit, Strength In Me, a FTU kit to help raise awareness in testicular cancer. No matter what kind of cancer it is, if you love someone with cancer, be by their side and 'Love them through it'.
Photobucket
My Photo
Lori
Hello, my name is Lori. I work full time as a Grooming Salon Manager, I LOVE my 4 legged 'Babies'! (Hence the name of my blog) I'm soon to be married to a Great man, Put (actually it's his nickname). I have 2 Beautiful Daughters and 1 Handsome Son. I also have 2 Grandsons, Hunter and Trey, and a Step-Grandson, Logan! In my spare time I love to make tags and scrap page Lo's! I hope you enjoy and come back often!
View my complete profile
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

xanga

Photobucket

Photobucket