Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Kits longer available

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Define Good


This tutorial was written by me, Lori, on Dec. 6, 2009.


And it was written for those who should already have a basic knowledge of working with PSP. I used Paint Shop Pro XI

Do not copy this tutorial and post it through any group or claim it as your own. Please share a text link only. If you use this tutorial please send me a copy of the tag you made with it to my e-mail to the left. I'd LOVE to see the creations and post into my slide show! Thank You!

Any resemblance to any other tutorial is strictly coincidental.
Supplies needed:
Tube(s) of choice, I used Michael Landefeld, you must purchase a license found here.
FTU Scrapkit by Diane of Candy Coated Scraps called "North Pole" and can be found here.
Template #130 by Beth of Blissfully Beth and can be found here
Font of choice
Plugins: Xero

Please remember to stop and save often. Add drop shadow of choice as you go. Refer to my example as needed
Let's Rock this Tutorial!!

Open the template in PSP, using your shortcut keys on your keyboard (SHIFT+D) duplicate the template as a new image. Close the original.

Open paper 01,02,and 04, resizing as needed. For example, when I look at the blue bar where it tells me what I've opened (say paper2) it tells me what percentage I'm viewing it at. For me it's usually 75%, so I resize to 75% bringing it to 100%. Once you've done this, minimize for later use.

Go to Blue Oval, Select-All-Float-Defloat. Open paper01, copy and paste into selection. You may need to make this bigger in a minute, I noticed it was a little off than the white after making that one a 'frame'. Go back to the blue oval, paste your tube and resize/arrange to liking. Go to Effects-Plugins-Xero-Porcelian using these settings: 50-128-128-0-0-255. Go to Selections-Invert-hit delete key on keyboard. Set this layer to Overlay.

Go to Dark blue Line. Select-All-Float-Defloat. Open paper02, copy and paste into selection. Set the visibilty to around 40.

Go to White Oval, Select-All-Float-Defloat. Open paper2, copy and paste into selection. Selections-Modify-Contract by 20. Hit delete button on keyboard. Select None. Arrange this layer above the blue line.

Add tube of choice. Resize and arrange to liking.

Go to goodgirl layer, Select-All-Float-Defloat. Add new raster layer. Open paper04, copy and paste into selection, Selections-Modify-expand by 3 Add new raster layer and paste paper02 into selection. Selections-Modify-contract by 3. hit delete button on keyboard and arrange this layer above the darker one.

add another portion of the tube here if you like and arrange to the left of the oval. Duplicate and on the orginal go to, Paste tube of choosing add drop shadow, duplicate layer, on the original layer go to Adjust-Blur-Gaussian Blur set to 20.00. Go to the blue oval, Select-All-Float-Defloat and Hit delete button on keyboard. Go back to the copied layer of the tube, set the visiblity to around 75.

Go to wordart Define, With your magic wand set to Mode: Add(shift) and Matching Mode set to Color; carefully lick on all the light blue. Add new raster layer and paste paper02 onto the selection. Select none. With your magic wand click inside the light blue outline add new raster layer and flood fill with a dark blue. Select None. Go to Adjust-Add noise with the settings set at: Uniform, Monochrome checked and Noise set to 70.

Add snowflakes and any other elements, arrange to liking.

Add name, Copyright info, license and save!

Thanks for Rocking Out my tutorial, I hope you enjoyed! ~Lori

0 comments:

Photobucket Thanks to Shani of Wicked Princess Scraps for the use of her kit, Strength In Me, a FTU kit to help raise awareness in testicular cancer. No matter what kind of cancer it is, if you love someone with cancer, be by their side and 'Love them through it'.
Photobucket
My Photo
Lori
Hello, my name is Lori. I work full time as a Grooming Salon Manager, I LOVE my 4 legged 'Babies'! (Hence the name of my blog) I'm soon to be married to a Great man, Put (actually it's his nickname). I have 2 Beautiful Daughters and 1 Handsome Son. I also have 2 Grandsons, Hunter and Trey, and a Step-Grandson, Logan! In my spare time I love to make tags and scrap page Lo's! I hope you enjoy and come back often!
View my complete profile
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

xanga

Photobucket

Photobucket