Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Kits longer available

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Sweet Valentine


This tutorial was written by me, Lori, on Jan 26, 2010.
And it was written for those who should already have a basic knowledge of working with PSP. I used Paint Shop Pro XI
Do not copy this tutorial and post it through any group or claim it as your own. Please share a text link only. If you use this tutorial please send me a copy of the tag you made with it to my e-mail to the left. I'd LOVE to see the creations and post into my slide show! Thank You!
Any resemblance to any other tutorial is strictly coincidental.

Supplies needed

Tube(s) of choice, I used the Artwork of ©Keith Garvey, you must purchase a license found here.
PTU Scrapkit by Shani of Wicked Princess Scraps called "Love Cuties" and can be found here.
Tag template by Missy of Divine Intentionz and can be found here.
Word art by Caitlyn of Crazy Cakes Scraps and can be found here.
Font of choice (I used Love)
Plugins: Xero; Eye Candy 4000(both opitional for name)

Please remember to stop and save often.
Add drop shadow of choice as you go. Refer to my example as needed, merge layers down as needed to make things a little eaiser.

Let's Rock this Tutorial!!

Open the template in PSP, using your shortcut keys on your keyboard (SHIFT+D) duplicate the template as a new image. Close the original. Resize Canvas 800 x 800, you may crop and/or resize later.

Open paper 6, copy and go to larger circle layer and Select-All-Float-Defloat and paste paper6 into selection.

Open paper 3, copy and go to small circle layer and Select-All-Float-Defloat and paste paper1 into selection.

Open mat, arrange below larger circle.

Open glitter heart trail, resize and arrange below the mat at the upper left corner, duplicate layer several times and arrange to liking, I did this 6 times and arranged to where 3 were at the top right of the mat and 3 were at the bottom left of the mat.

Open glitter frame, resize and arrange above small circle layer right on the edge of the circle.

Open double heart, resize and arrange above dotted line heart.

Delete ALL heart layers.

Open plain heart chain, resize and arrange to the right of the mat, above the double heart

Add wordart of choice arrange to the top. If using the same wordart as I am, With your 'change to target' tool, and color set to: #af0303 and pass over the word art.

Open clip, resize and arrange to the right of the mat.

Add tube of choice to the left of the mat. Duplicate layer and go to Image-Mirror, resize and arrange so that it fits inside the heart. Set the layer visiabilty to around 50.

With your magic wand set to add(shift) and color, click inside the red portion of the heart, you may need to click a couple of times so that all the red has 'marching ants' around it, (some may be inside the ribbon, that's ok, but not all the ribbon) go to Selections-Invert, go to the tube layer and hit the delete key on your keyboard. This should have erased all of the tube that was hanging outside the heart.

Open some flowers of choice, resize and arrange below the wordart, and below the tube, especially if it's a half tube like the one I used.

To make some of the word art to be above the tube and some below the tube, Duplicate tube layer, and arrange one below the wordart. With your eraser tool carefully erase all of the tube above the word art, except a small partion of the head that is above some letters.

Crop image and resize to liking.

If you do not want to do the name like I did, stop here, add name, Copyright info, license and save!

For name:

Add your name, using font of choice (I used 'Love'), color White. go to Effects-Plugins-Xero-ArtGrain using these settings: Soft grain:0; Hard grain: 246; Saturation:255; Uniform; Definition:1. With your 'change to target' tool, and color set to: #af0303 and pass over your name. Go to Effects-Plugins-Eye Candy 4000-add a Fat, Black Gradient Glow, Select-none, add a drop shadow with these settings: 0-0-37-6.00. With your 'Change to target' took, at the same color setting, pass over the glow layer. Merge this layer down so that both the glow and the name are on one layer. Add another drop shadow using these settings: 0-0-100-6.00, again..with your 'Change to target' took, at the same color setting, pass over this layer.

Add Copyright info, license and save!
Thanks for Rocking Out my tutorial, I hope you enjoyed! ~Lori


0 comments:

Photobucket Thanks to Shani of Wicked Princess Scraps for the use of her kit, Strength In Me, a FTU kit to help raise awareness in testicular cancer. No matter what kind of cancer it is, if you love someone with cancer, be by their side and 'Love them through it'.
Photobucket
My Photo
Lori
Hello, my name is Lori. I work full time as a Grooming Salon Manager, I LOVE my 4 legged 'Babies'! (Hence the name of my blog) I'm soon to be married to a Great man, Put (actually it's his nickname). I have 2 Beautiful Daughters and 1 Handsome Son. I also have 2 Grandsons, Hunter and Trey, and a Step-Grandson, Logan! In my spare time I love to make tags and scrap page Lo's! I hope you enjoy and come back often!
View my complete profile
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

xanga

Photobucket

Photobucket