Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Kits longer available

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Skullicious



This tutorial was written by me, Lori, on Feb.11, 2010.
And it was written for those who should already have a basic knowledge of working with PSP. I used Paint Shop Pro XI
Do not copy this tutorial and post it through any group or claim it as your own. Please share a text link only. If you use this tutorial please send me a copy of the tag you made with it to my e-mail to the left. I'd LOVE to see the creations and post into my slide show! Thank You!

Any resemblance to any other tutorial is strictly coincidental.

Supplies needed
Tube(s) of choice, I used the PTU Artwork by ©Vinger, you must have a license to use the artwork, which you can purchase here.
**Or you can use the cute poser supplied in the scrapkit created by Sophisticated Imaging, example of a tag made with poser below the tutorial.
PTU Scrapkit by Shani of Wicked Princess called "Acid Rock" and can be found here.
Tag template#120 by Kristin of Toxic Desirez and can be found here.
Font of choice (I used Skullphabet)
Plugin: Eyecandy 4000-Gradient Glow (Opitional for name)

Please remember to stop and save often.
Add drop shadow of choice as you go. Refer to my example as needed, merge layers down as needed to make things a little eaiser.

Let's Rock this Tutorial!!


Open the template in PSP, using your shortcut keys on your keyboard (SHIFT+D) duplicate the template as a new image. Close the original. Resize Canvas 750 x 750, you may crop and/or resize later.

Open paper 18, copy and go to pink rectangle 1and Select-All-Float-Defloat add new raster layer, paste paper18 into selection. Delete original layer. Do this also for pink rectangle 2.

Open paper 1, copy and go to black rectangle 1and Select-All-Float-Defloat add new raster layer, paste paper1 into selection. Delete original layer. Do this also for black rectangle 2.

Open element star cluster, copy and paste as new layer, resize to fit inside the black rectangle on the right. Duplicate layer and arrange inside black rectangle on the left.

Open element Pixie Dust, copy and paste as new layer, resize to fit in the middle of tag, duplicate layer and go to Image-Flip.

Open element drip of choice, copy and paste as new layer, resize to fit at the top of the black rectangle on the right. Duplicate layer and arrange at the top left black rectangle.

Open element Flames, copy and paste as new layer, resize to fit at the bottom, just to the left of the wordart

Open paper 2, copy and go to Pink Circle and Select-All-Float-Defloat add new raster layer, paste paper2 into selection. Delete original layer.

Open element Button, copy and paste as new layer, resize to fit on top of the Black Circle. Delete the Black Circle.

Go to Pink Stars layer, with your Change to target tool, change the stars colors to colors from the kit, alternating each stars color.

Open element Firestar, copy and paste as new layer, resize to fit on top of one of the white stars. Duplicate and arrange to fit over each white star. Delete original layer.

Open element skull of choice, copy and paste as new layer. Resize and arrange over the skull in the word art. Very carefully w/your eraser tool, erase original skul.

With your Change to target tool, change the wording to a purple color from the kit, using your magic wand tool, click inside each black letter, go to Selections-Modify by1 add new raster layer, flood full with a green color from the kit.

Open element Fuzzycuffs, copy and paste as new layer, resize to fit on top corner of the rectangle on the right.

Crop image and resize to liking.

Add Copyright info, license and save!

Thanks for Rocking Out my tutorial, I hope you enjoyed! ~Lori

0 comments:

Photobucket Thanks to Shani of Wicked Princess Scraps for the use of her kit, Strength In Me, a FTU kit to help raise awareness in testicular cancer. No matter what kind of cancer it is, if you love someone with cancer, be by their side and 'Love them through it'.
Photobucket
My Photo
Lori
Hello, my name is Lori. I work full time as a Grooming Salon Manager, I LOVE my 4 legged 'Babies'! (Hence the name of my blog) I'm soon to be married to a Great man, Put (actually it's his nickname). I have 2 Beautiful Daughters and 1 Handsome Son. I also have 2 Grandsons, Hunter and Trey, and a Step-Grandson, Logan! In my spare time I love to make tags and scrap page Lo's! I hope you enjoy and come back often!
View my complete profile
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

xanga

Photobucket

Photobucket